Cortland Banks offers products and services similar to regional and national banks, and emphasizes responsive and personalized service. Customers are known by name rather than account number, and decisions are made by directors and managers who reside and work in the communities where the Company's headquarters and branches operate.

About Cortland Banks

The Cortland Savings and Banking Company is a full-service state bank regulated by the Federal Reserve (www.clevelandfed.org) engaged in commercial and retail banking services. Business is conducted at a total of 14 offices in Ashtabula, Mahoning, Trumbull, Geauga and Portage counties.


 

Timeline of Cortland Banks:

1892: The First National Bank of Cortland receives its Charter & opens for business in April. Mr. William Wartman was the Bank's first president.
1911: The First National Bank of Cortland drops its national charter and switches to a state chartered bank adopting the name of The Cortland Savings and Banking Company.
1963: First branch opens in Brookfield.
1971: Mr. Lynn Morey retires as President, (1946-71). Donald J. Althouse elected as President.
1972: Vienna branch opens.
1975: Bristolville branch opens.
1976: Mr. Althouse retires as President (1971-1976). Mr. Rodger W. Platt is elected President of the Bank.
1979: Hiram & Windham acquired. Williamsfield opens. Total assets reach $100 million.
1982: CSB stock splits 5 for 1.
1983: Forms a new department offering full Trust Services.
1985: Holding Company acquires CSB stock in an exchange for Cortland Bancorp Stock.
1985: The Warren office on Elm Road opens and quickly becomes our third largest office. Total assets hit $200 million.
1987: The Mantua, Portage County office is purchased and the Hubbard office opens. The 13,000 sq. ft. expansion of the Bank’s main office is completed. Mr. Platt is named chairman.
1988: Cortland Bancorp stock pays a 50% stock dividend (3 for 2 split).
1988: Capital increases by $2.6 million through Shareholder Rights Offering. Dividend Reinvestment Program is initiated. Assets top $300 million.
1989: Annual stock dividend begins
1992: 100 Year celebration!
1995: The eleventh office opens in Niles.
1995: North Bloomfield is the twelfth office.
1997: Boardman is the first branch in Mahoning County.
1998: Stock splits 3 for 1. Assets hit $400 million.
1998: Construction of new Mantua office occurs.
1999: Hiram is consolidated with new Mantua office.
1999-2000: Niles Park office opens & Niles Village closes.
2000-2004: Stock repurchase programs are launched.
2002: Victor Hills opens in Boardman.
2005: Lawrence Fantauzzi takes over as Mr. Platt retires from Presidency (1976-2005) and 42 years with the Bank.
2006: Construction of the new Windham office begins in October.
2007: The new freestanding Windham office opens in May on Maple Grove Road.
2008: Construction begins on the new Brookfield office in January. The new Brookfield office opens in June.
2008: Middlefield opens as first branch in Geauga County in May, for a total of 14 offices.
2008: Construction begins in June on the new North Lima office, and opens in November 2008.
2009: James Gasior is named President and CEO
Member FDIC
Equal Housing Lender
© 2014 Cortland Banks [NMLS#531589]  |  Privacy Policy
Site Map  |  Contact Us  |  Employees  | Careers  |  News Room  |  About